Monday, May 4, 2015

#MicroblogMonday: Mother's Day

For the past several years, we have been out of town for Mother's Day. I'm not sure when it happened, but it somehow turned into a tradition.

This year, we aren't going anywhere. Josh asked me where I wanted to go this year, but I looked at the calendar and already had plans for the day before. We talked about leaving that night, but I decided I'm okay to try staying home this year.

Its been nice to escape every year. Mother's Day is one of the hardest days for me. Years ago, we decided to make it a special day for me and Father's Day a special day for him. But even then, it still stung a little bit.

I've also decided to go to church that day. I've been so much happier with this congregation that I think I'll be okay. They all are such sweet spirits so I don't think it will be as overwhelming and unbearable as it was in the past. Just another reason I'm so happy I found this church. But more importantly, because of them and their example, I've been able to develop a much better relationship with Christ.

If all else fails, I know I'll still be getting a gift that day from my wonderful husband. I picked out a few charms for my Pandora bracelet and a new necklace. I've also dropped hints that flowers would be nice too.

You can find more of this weeks #MicroblogMondays posts HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Your husband sounds amazing, and I think it's a great way to turn that holiday around by making it something you both celebrate for each other. I always liked the images put out that say, "I have a Mother Heart," because just because there's no little child running around doesn't mean we're not mothers, just without someone to mother at the moment. Your church sounds great and supporting and I hope your Mother's Day service is supportive and less sting-y this year. I hope for a peaceful day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it passes peacefully for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds perfect! I hope it passes uneventfully and as pain free as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the day goes smoothly. It's such a hard weekend, so it's nice that you know you have a gift coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending good wishes that your day goes well!

    ReplyDelete