Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Costs

I know, that when it comes to the finances of infertility, we actually got off pretty easy.

Just a few simple drugs to help me ovulate.

A test to learn we had no sperm.

No extensive drugs or test.

No IUI's or IVF's.

We did have to pay $1000 when we started our adoption profile. That was a LOT of money at that point of our marriage.

After that, there was a few more costs, but like I mentioned above, nothing compared to what a lot of women go through.

For that, I am grateful.

But when we were gathering money for our down payment on our house, I was burned that we lost that $1000 we originally put down to adopt. LDSFS did pretty much nothing during the years we were with them. Shoot, we even found our potential birth mom through a different website we paid a monthly fee for!

I know in this journey of infertility, its all a costly risk, but sometimes it burns more than other times.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. One of the many issues in our decision making process now is the cost of going down a new path. It will cost three times more than an IVF round because it is not funded by the government. And we aren't sure it is a cost that we can do. If only money weren't an issue!

    ReplyDelete