Thursday, February 12, 2009

Racing to Motherhood

Just last night we were talking about the waiting and how it seems to go on and on (and on and on). Looking back I can say that I would have changed a few things. If our life could have continued on the happy road we were on, I don't think I would have sought medical help as soon as I did. From the time we married I always said I wanted to wait until I was 25 before we started trying. If we had stuck to that plan, I would have only started looking for medical help a year ago instead of 2 1/2 years ago. But sometimes life knocks you over a ledge and you find yourself grasping for any way you can to hang

We had a huge head start on a race that thought we would win. Life became confusing when the runners started to pass us and I couldn't see through the haze that their dust kicked up. But now that the dust has settle everything is clear again. When those runners get to the end of race they will be tired and will have missed out on much of the scenery. Sure, they get to be parents, but I wouldn't trade the time that Josh and I have had together.

The great thing with the race to parenthood is that we all can win the price, no matter what order we finish in. But I think I will take my time, enjoy the view, and share this fun journey with the man I love. I don't know if I can see the finish line yet, but I know it's there and I will continue to work my way towards it.

---------------

3 comments:

Audra said...

Good for you on your positive attitude! I know how hard it is sometimes... in the 7 years we were trying there was NO bright side I could see- and now looking back I am finally able to see how things truly were working out for the best even though I didn't think so at the time. Audra (2ofus4now)

Brady and Richelle said...

this post made me all teary-eyed and if you weren't up front working right now, and i could get away from the phones--i'd give you a big hug :). you're going to be a great mother--i can't express that enough.........

~Our Family~ said...

Savannah, You know me and you are a lot alike.. I have been where you are at, I know your feelings because mine were the same as they way you feel. You are not alone in your journey.. I have crossed many bridges and obstacles along our way to a family and had many heart breaks and not understanding why me, feeling sorry for myself, hating the ones that are pregnat and couldn't be around them and we were the first on my husbands side to get married and so we should have had the first grandchild but what I didn't realize is that it wasn't in my hands at all and someone was trying to tell me that it wasn't my time yet. I didn't understand that back then but I do now.. Maybe I wasn't ready to be a mom yet when I wanted.. Maybe Matt and I had to have a better relationship and to be childless for 8 years in our marriage first.. I don't really know the reasons but I'm thankful for the trials in my life it has made me stronger.. I hope and pray that you will be blessed soon with a child.. It is a life changing thing especially going from two to three but well worth it.. I wish you the best of luck and if you ever need to talk I'm here for you since I know your pain and I have been where you are now... I hope this makes sense and I haven't hurt your feelings.. I only want to help if I can... Love Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment